Your Operator's Manual is the most complete, essential reference for the VetScan VS2 Analyzer. Always refer to the Operator's Manual for detailed instructions. Place the manual in a convenient place for easy access.
Step 1: Unpack the analyzer and accessories.
- Place the box of reagent rotors in the refrigerator (2-8° C, 36-46° F) immediately upon arrival.
- Remove the analyzer from the box and place on a level surface, free of vibration and sudden jolts. The analyzer should be at least 6 inches from the wall for access to the power connection and USB ports.
- Complete and mail in the warranty card.
Step 2: Set up analyzer and electrical connections.
- Attach AC supply cord to power adaptor.
- Attach DC power supply cord to the back of the VS2.
- Plug AC supply cord into a grounded electrical outlet.
- Make sure all connections are secure.
Note: To prevent power surges or drains, do not plug the VS2 into the same circuit as your centrifuge, refrigerator or other high current device. Abaxis recommends that the VS2 be plugged into a surge protector designed for use with a computer. Abaxis recommends the use of an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) if the VS2 will be used in an area prone to electrical surges or power outages.
Step 3: Setting the System Parameters.
- Press the Power button to turn on the analyzer. The analyzer will go through a self-test. Once the self-test is completed, the analyzer will display 'Analyze' and is now ready to run a rotor.
- Check the analyzer's date and time to ensure they are correct. The analyzer is pre-set to Pacific Time. Date and time must be accurately set. See section 5.7 of the Operator's Manual for details.
- The analyzer is pre-set to report results in common units (mg/dL). You may choose to change the units to SI units (mmol/L). To change the units, see section 5.9 or the Operator's Manual for details.
If at any time, the normal sequence of events does not occur, refer to your Operator's Manual or call our Technical Support Department at 800-822-2947.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the VetScan VS2 Analyzer and are now ready to run samples.